Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Box

Like last spring, I have this feeling of change coming on. In that case, I was going to be about the violent late spring, summer and autumn that Calgary was going to have. Sadly, it played out.

This time I'm not sure what it relates to. I just feel that there is something big on the horizon, it won't show it's ugly head but its fingers are gripping the edge.

I don't know if it will be personal, familial, friend-family, political or other.

The cold spell that Calgary has a made things very quiet, but with this stillness the few voices that do speak carry over great distances and very clearly.

What I "hear" is that a few of the natives are going into hiding and not just for the winter. I have no idea how to describe the natives, but the local others that most people grow accustomed to feeling around the city.

This is such a vague post, I hate that.

I'm pretty sure that whatever it is won't be sudden (at least to those who are watching). It will be a prolonged build-up and then spill over making the already nervous public more nervous.

Like a cardboard box slowly being folded and taped shut.

No comments: